Re: Developer Behavior

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 08:54:07AM -0800, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
| A case where it might make sense to encourage someone to run unstable
| is if [...] the developer thinks that they are resonably competant.

I think that this is the key.  If the user is competent enough there
is no harm suggesting to them that they run unstable/testing with the
usual caveats (it is *unstable* after all).

For ordinary users, however, I think that stable should be
recommended.  Note that *ordinary* users aren't power users and
probably aren't competent enough to deal with the bugs that unstable
will inevitably bring.

-D