Re: IPv6 support in Debian

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 02:00:07PM +1100, Dancer Vesperman wrote:

> Certainly we have things like exim, lftp, ssh that work 'out of the box'
> with v6...and apps that work with v6 work (equally) flawlessly in
> v4-only environments.

That's not necessarily the case. There were lots of problems with the IPv6
support in exim breaking things for IPV4-only users, mostly in obscure cases
such as with subtly broken DNS. I believe they're all ironed out now, but
they caused a lot of problems.

Admittedly, very few things are as complicated as an MTA, and I wouldn't
expect any client software to break as a result of adding IPv4 support.