Re: our broken man package

On 04-Jan-01, 12:32 (CST), Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> > And, anyway, caching might be done in a cronjob: look at the pagesa in
> > manpath every night, check which ones have been accessed since the past
> > run, and format those. Then delete anything older than N days in the
> > cache. When displaying, use the cached version only if it is newer than
> > the source.
>
> That's a good idea.

The only (small) problem is that you don't cache the first day. Thus
the sequence

		man bash
		try something
		man bash
		try something else
		man bash
		(etc...)

results in the bash man page being formatted each time. (Yeah, if I
*knew* was going to be looking at it several times, I'd save it myself,
or use another window/console, but it never seems to work out that way.)

Steve
--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read