Re: package pool and big Packages.gz file

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 06:07:20AM +0800, zhaoway wrote:
> another solution is to let every single deb provides its.pkg-gz
>
> then, apt-get update will do nothing,
> apt-get install some.deb will first download some.pkg-gz, then check its dependency,
> then grab them.pkg-gz all, then install.

that is a minimum. isn't it? ;)
and then we will need some ``apt-get info pkg'' hehe..

> and a virtual release-pkgs-gz.deb will depend on some selected part of those
> any.pkg-gz to get up a release.

say one release contains 2000 pkgz, each pkg name is 10 chars, then the whole
infomation is a little more then 20k, compare with nowadays, a more than 1M.

and you could have base-3.3-release, and gnome-4.4-release which depends on
base-3.2-release and x-5.6-release. and chinese-2.0-release etc. ...

> then katie will remove a package only when no release-pkgs-gz.deb (or
> testing, or whatever) depends on its.pkg-gz

zw