Re: bugs + rant + constructive criticism (long)

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 08:36:54PM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > listed in Mail-Followup-To.  The thing that bugs me about this is that mutt
> > often adds other list-readers' e-mail addresses to Mail-Followup-To,
> > effectively rendering this feature useless.
>
> try reading the FM.  in mutt 1.2 and later (also some 1.1 versions)
> the lists command causes both your address and the lists address to
> the Mail-Followup-To.  the subscribe command on the other hand ONLY
> includes the list's address and NOT your own.

I did read the FM and I'm well aware of the difference between the lists
command and the subscribe command.  That's not what I'm talking about.

> as for including other's in the Mail-Followup-To mutt only does this
> if those users had used `lists' instead of `subscribe' indicating they
> WANT to be CCed.

There must be a bug in it somewhere, then, because I often see people getting
added to Mail-Followup-To that shouldn't be there.  In fact, I personally
have been added to Mail-Followup-To by other Mutt users, and I don't use the
lists command at all.

--Adam