Re: bugs + rant + constructive criticism (long)

[ Miles Bader writes ]
> phil@bolthole.com (Philip Brown) writes:
> > I guess YOUR mailreader is "too old or disfunctional to be worth
> > discussing"
> >
> > I did not request you to Cc me.
> > But you replied to the list AND me.
>
> Because that is the most useful action for mail followups in the absence
> of other information.  If you (or the mailling list software) had added
> appropriate headers, my followup would have gone to the list only.
>
> For instance, if I followup to any of Branden Robinson's posts, they go
> to the list only.

that is because both you and he are using "special" software.

That's akin to someone saying "Well, when I send email to my friend Bob,
 HE never complains about ms-tnef stuff. So what if we're both using
 MS Exchange? You're perfectly free to start using MS Exchange too..."