Re: autodetecting MBR location

Stephen says:
> "Russell" == Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> writes:
>    Russell> Right.  The s/[0-9]+$// should do it.
>
> <pedant mode=major>
>
> s/\d+$// not s/[0-9]+$//.  The former will continue to work in Unicode
> capable file-systems (assuming Linux ever supports such).
>
> </pedant>

It supports them right now - try setting the locale to a UTF-8 locale and
"cat > À". You now have a file with a name in Unicode. As for the job being
done, [0-9] sounds better. Even if the device names stop being in Unicode,
 they won't go to non-Arabic numerals, and it's questionable whether we
would want to strip those numbers out if they are there.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org