Re: bugs + rant + constructive criticism (long)

> actually view what's being upgraded before you download 250 packages that

That would be "-u", and has been there for a long time (forever?)  My
only issue is that it isn't the default, really :-)

> And why are packages being REMOVED (lib-pg-perl for example) when I dist upgrade?

Because that's specifically what dist-upgrade permits?  If you're
tracking unstable, why not use upgrade?

Frankly, if you're tracking unstable, why are you *ranting* instead of
*submitting bug reports*?  Which part of the word "unstable" didn't
you understand?  (if you were complaining about the "testing" release,
that's a little different, but only a little...)