Re: finishing up the /usr/share/doc transition

Ben Collins wrote:
> How can anything that's a "document" only work on a particular arch? If
> you are talking about pre-compiled examples, well uh, don't precompile
> them.

Actually, policy does allow for that:

     Architecture-specific example files should be installed in a directory
     `/usr/lib/<package>/examples', and files in
     `/usr/share/doc/<package>/examples' symlink to files in it.  Or the
     latter directory may be a symlink to the former.

And I suppose if there is actually some arch-specific non-example file, by
analogy it can be put in /usr/lib too with a similar symlink.

--
see shy jo