Re: X 4.0.1 what's the deal?

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 02:35:42PM -0500, Andres Salomon wrote:

> My kernel config is the same as before, only without any framebuffer
> support at all.  I attempt to startx, the display switches to video
> mode, screen turns black, and that's it.  I need to use alt-sysrq-r
> and ctrl-alt-del to reboot the box, at that point.  By everyone

Comment out the FontPath line:

       FontPath        "unix/:7101"                 # local font server

If you don't run xfs, this causes the X server to go into an infinite
loop on /tmp/.font-unix/fs7100 "file not found", as observed by stracing
the X server task. Smells like a bug to me.

--
Paul Martin <pm@zetnet.net> (work)
  <pm@nowster.zetnet.co.uk> (home)