Re: Policy conflict regarding templates as examples

    Sam> Hi.  I'm working on a package and I need to store a template
    Sam> configuration file that I will copy into /etc in my postinst
    Sam> if it doesn't already exist.

Ah, why not declare the file in debian/conffiles and install it by
default.  If the user has changed the file between upgrades they will
be informed of any changes you make to the file when they upgrade the
package (with the default action being to keep their changes).

--
Stephen

"Farcical aquatic ceremonies are no basis for a system of government!"