Re: Progeny Linux Systems Announces Progeny Debian Beta One

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 09:15:25PM -0600, Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:
> > Provided the Debian maintainers responsible for the appropriate packages
> > are willing to accept the changes, yes.
>
> In the case of gtasksel, for example, I suppose that it would have it's own
> package. Will someone from Progency maintain it in _Debian_?

The Progeny developer responsible for gtasksel is (and has been for
months) in the new maintainer queue.  I believe there are a few
Progenyisms in gtasksel specifically because Progeny task packages use
Recommends rather than Depends so you can remove part of a task (which is
something that is missing from Debian's tasks because apt ignores both
suggests and recommends.)

Still, the code is AFAIK otherwise directly useful in Debian and I suspect
Eric may be willing to package it for Debian once his application is
actually processed.  I for one would rather see gtasksel obsolete when
someone comes up with a replacement for the nasty kludge that are task
packages.

If you are what you eat, I guess that makes me a cheese danish.
        -- Anonymous