Re: non-essential required packages

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 03:35:42PM -0600, Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:
> > adduser		standard	{user,group}{add,del} exist in passwd
>
> I'll upload the changed package soon. Btw, do you think the section should
> be changed from 'base' to 'admin' too? Would make more sense to me.

Yes, please.

IMHO considering the base section doesn't necessarily represent the state of
the baseX_Y.tgz which is used by the boot-floppies (correct me if I'm wrong),
it should be phased out (abandoned gradually).

Not sure if the new debian-installer program will use the same concept of
base system, either...