Re: [OT] Debian on Sparc (Was: New SPARC Build server, open for general logins)

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 11:18:26AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Ben Collins wrote:
>
> > vore.debian.org is now setup. It will be the new sparc build daemon. It
> > is
> > currently one of the Ultra30's donated by Sun (over a year ago), and is
> Could somebody give some advise about Debian on Sparc.  Our institute
> got some money which would enable us to by an Ultra Sparc or Enterprise
> Server.  Are there problems with some configurations (SMP, Ultra-Sparc-III
> processors)?
>
> We intend to run Zope, PostgreSQL, Apache, wu-ftp.
>
> Because of OT private mail might be appropriately.

I'm not sure if Linux evens runs on Ultra III's yet (I think work is in
progress).

SMP is mostly fine (our main archive server is a dual proc Ultra60). All
the other applications you mentioned should be fine as well.

Ben