Re: ITP: PIPS (Photo Image Print System for Linux)

Wed, 04 Oct 2000 20:37:17 +0900 に
NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe@chroot.org> が書きました:

> Yoshiaki Yanagihara wrote:
>  > I intent to package PIPS (Photo Image Print System for Linux).
>  >
>  > PIPS is the filter for ghostscript(GS).
>  > It supports EPSON PM-760C/770C/800C/3300C Printers.
>  >
>  > License: non-free (We can redistribute the binary, but source code is not free).
>
> I couldn't understand the license very well, but I don't think we can
> redistribute the binary.  It would be good we ask the vendor
> explicitly and confirm it is OK for them.  In the licence, it only
> allows the distribution to "third parties" or "a third party", which
> is quite ambiguous.  If I understand the word correctly, "third party"
> is not users nor venders.

I asked to vendor already and I got authorization of redistribution
from vendor.

I asked vendor to write a English License for redistribution.
The license which I attached is wrote by the vendor.

 Yanagihara Yoshiaki
  E-mail: yochi@debian.org
          yochi@debian.or.jp