Re: I broke it - again.

Hi!

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 06:35:18PM +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> I fixed my broken woody box by downgrading libdb2 and glibc.

My brother had the same problem, I had to sit down on his box and downgrade also a lot.
> I lost ldconfig in the process so dpkg is failing.
same happened to me, but I was so lucky to have an old ldso package in /var/cache/apt/archives so I was able to open it and manually put it under /sbin where it belongs. After that I didn't have any problems.
I hope you have that too in your cache, otherwise you might be troubled. I am not sure if the 'new' ldso package would work without the 'new' libc6 /libdb2 (so work with the 'old' ones).

--
kind regards,
Michael Moerz