Re: Changing originator on large set of bugs ?

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000 dirson@debian.org wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Yann,

> [Please CC me on reply]
>
> It happens I have submitted a number of bugs in the BTS in the last 4
> years, with changing address depending on current ISP, machine from
> where I posted, etc.:
>
> dirson@univ-mlv.fr
> ydirson@a2points.com
> ydirson@multimania.com
> ydirson@altern.org
> dirson@debian.org
> Yann.Dirson@France.Sun.COM
>
> And maybe I forgot 1 or 2 - searching the archive with a partial email
> address would be nice for this.  A case-insensitive search would be
> nice too (see latter address)

If you go to "Y" and "D" at
http://master.debian.org/~cpbs/bysubmitter.html you can see you have
submitted bugs with at least the following addresses:

     * Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org>
     * Yann Dirson <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>
     * Yann Dirson <dwitch@bylbo.nowhere.earth>
     * Yann Dirson <dwitch@monge.univ-mlv.fr>
     * Yann Dirson - LOGATIQUE <Yann.Dirson@France.Sun.COM>
     * Yann Dirson <ydirson@altern.org>
     * Yann Dirson <ydirson@a2points.com>
     * Yann Dirson <ydirson@multimania.com>
     * Yann Dirson <ydirson@mygale.org>
     * <ydirson@altern.org>
     * <ydirson@France.Sun.COM>
     * <ydirson@multimania.com>
     * <dirson@debian.org>
     * <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>

These bugs are listed there.

> How difficult would it be to have all those addresses, (most of which
> do not even still refer to a valid mailbox, so I don't get a
> notification for those) all changed to the most current one ?

You don't need valid mailboxes to change the submitter address. You can
use the "reopen command of the BTS. From
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control (Debian bug tracking system):

   reopen bugnumber [ originator-address | = | ! ]
          Reopens #bugnumber if it is closed.

          By default, or if you specify =, the original submitter is
          still as the originator of the report, so that they will get
          the ack when it is closed again.

          If you supply an originator-address the originator will be set
          to the address you supply. If you wish to become the new
          originator of the reopened report you can use the ! shorthand
          or specify your own email address.
          If the bug is not closed then reopen won't do anything, not
          even change the originator. There is no way to change the
          originator of an open bug report (this is deliberate, so that
          you can't have a bug be closed and then deleted 28 days later
          without someone being told about it).

cu,
Adrian

                -- Mahatma Ghandi