Re: dynamically linking debian packages?

Evan Martin <eeyem@u.washington.edu> writes:

> - Is this dlopen() method a reasonable solution?  It seems like a lot of
> effort just to be able to produce one binary package.

Wonderfull. If every program with GUI-dependent frontends just would
do that too. I have a program with interfaces for ncurses, Athena,
gnome, gtk and Allegro[0]. I package it with ncurses and Athena only,
but it would be nice if it used libraries and dlopen to use the
different interfaces.

[Just to show my support, not that I use you program (or XMMS)]

0) Not packaged for Debian thoug someone mentioned a .so-name looking
   like he was packageing it.

--
Peter