Re: On Bugs

    Sean> as for lack of i18n, I also consider this very important to
    Sean> fix.  I would not remove a package from debian over it.  I
    Sean> never asked for console-apt to be removed either.  I just
    Sean> asked that the issue be dealt with with a higher priority
    Sean> than some of its other bugs.

If (and I am not sure of the facts here) you filed the bug as
"important" or above, you are essentially asking that the package be
removed if the bug is not fixed.

There is no way, using the current priority scheme to say
"this bug is more important then the others, but is not release
critical".

...apart from a note to the maintainer in the message.

(remember it is up to the maintainer anyway, regardless of how bad you
think the problem might be).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>