Re: On Bugs

On 04-Oct-2000 David Starner wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 01:24:53PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
>> bugs we find.  I am sorry but I do consider a package which is 99.9% useless
>> color blind people a problem.  color blindness is more common in men, and
>> there
>> are studies that show it is even more common in Computer Scientist males.
>
> What about colorgcc?

colorgcc is eye candy, you do not HAVE to see colors to understand what is
happening.  console-apt uses color as the ONLY way to differntiate between
installed, removed, held, etc. packages.  And red and green are the primary
colors he used.  So a color blind user has no idea what is happening.

as for lack of i18n, I also consider this very important to fix.  I would not
remove a package from debian over it.  I never asked for console-apt to be
removed either.  I just asked that the issue be dealt with with a higher
priority than some of its other bugs.