Re: ssh on unstable not working (plea for help :)

On 03 Oct 2000 at 14:33 (-0600), John Galt wrote:

| /etc/resolv.conf
|
| Basically, you forgot the DN and it's not in hosts or in your domain
| search in resolv.conf....

basically, my resolver works properly, for IPv4.
sshconnect.c:ssh_connect() is failing a call to getaddrinfo()

my system is updated unstable as of early this morning. still
seeing failures.

compile/run/observe the following prog:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <netdb.h>
#include <errno.h>

extern char *gai_strerror(int);

int
main( int argc, char** argv )
{
  struct addrinfo hints;
  struct addrinfo *aitop;
  const char* host = "speedy";
  const char* svcport = "22";
  int rv = 0;

  memset(&hints, 0, sizeof(hints));
  hints.ai_socktype = SOCK_STREAM;

  hints.ai_family = AF_UNSPEC;
  if( (rv = getaddrinfo(host,svcport, &hints, &aitop) != 0) )
  {
    puts("AF_UNSPEC: doh!");
    perror(gai_strerror(rv));
  }
  else{
    puts("AF_UNSPEC: all is well");
  }

  hints.ai_family = AF_INET;
  if( (rv = getaddrinfo(host,svcport, &hints, &aitop) != 0) )
  {
    puts("AF_INET: doh!");
    perror(gai_strerror(rv));
  }
  else{
    puts("AF_INET: all is well");
  }

  return 0;
}

thanks.
  brent

--
All opinions expressed are My own, unless otherwise attributed. In
presenting facts, I expressly reserve the right to be Wrong. Portions