Re: dynamically linking debian packages?

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 11:41:01AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> in this case, I think it better for the Debian maintainer to simply decide: is
> the xmms support something most people want?  If so, make that the default.
> People who compile the deb for theirselves will not get the xmms depends or
> vice versa.

Your solution is immediate, and I thought about it. I thought also that
probably a better solution in upstream package could be implemented. I
underline that I'm not able to do it. I think feedback with upstream
authors is important and I asked Evan about it. If he's able to have a
dynamic solution to that linking, we should help our users because we
can give all features without forcing the installation of other big
stuff.

bye

--
Christian Surchi   |   csurchi@debian.org   |   christian@firenze.linux.it