Re: MIDI Notation Software

On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 09:07:42PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 12:31:03PM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 03:12:40AM +0200, Enrique Robledo Arnuncio wrote:
> > > I have not found any other free graphical MIDI notator for
> > > linux. Maybe we will have to wait for rosegarden 3.0...
> >
> > jazz++ has been free software for a few months now. from the home
> > page:
>
> This has some problems building from source that I couldn't figure
> out, but their binary tarball works pretty well, and is much more
> stable than rosegarden (I seem to only want to do things in rosegarden
> that cause segfaults).

i can't recall if i got it to compile or not...i definitely played with
their binary tarball a few months ago but put it on the back-burner
until i figure out why my MC-303 just displays "Er 2" whenever i run a
midi program on my pc.

oddly enough, i can actually make the MC-303 play sounds with a little
perl script i wrote (using a perl MIDI module i found on cpan), but i
can't get rosegarden or jazz or anything else to actually drive it. the
303 still displays the error code, but plays stuff anyway. very odd.

one of these days i'll have time to look into it. for now, it's not high
on my list of priorities.

jazz++ looks like a good program though. it would be good to see it
packaged for debian.

craig

--
craig sanders