Re: Machine-specific optimizations

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 12:04:20PM -0400, Robert D. Hilliard wrote:
> Despite the disclaimer about error checking, I have had good
> results with it.

just paranoia. i've never had a problem with it. the message is there
mostly to let people know that it's the kind of tool which makes it real
easy to shoot off your own foot.

> I have also reversed it to make dpkg-unhold.

yep, and i've made a "dpkg-purge" too which i occasionally find
useful (mostly when semi-auto building servers by merging in various
--get-selections lists, which i have to do nowadays because going
through dselect just takes too long).

craig

--
craig sanders