Re: Intent To Split: netbase

> > making netbase an empty package which can be removed is the goal,
> > isn't it?
>
> No. Making it easier to keep uptodate with upstream, making it easier
> to support Hurd, and giving away some of the bits of netbase is the goal.

but there is nothing left in netbase except for some configuration
files (/etc/protocols and /etc/services which should belong to the
inetd package? /etc/gateways and /etc/rpc) some man pages (which
should also be moved) update-inetd and DebianNet.pm. if the goal is to
keep netbase then maybe you should change the dependency on the new
packages from Depends: to Suggests:. i would like to remove ipchains,
ipwfadm, ipmasqadm, ipautofw but i can't. surely the netbase package
as it is now doesn't need to depend on them, no?

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |