Re: we need a release announcement -- soon [source material]

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Steve Greenland wrote:

> On 04-Aug-00, 03:27 (CDT), Christian Pernegger <pernegger@chello.at> wrote:
> > > My laptop has lived on dozens of addresses, and fetched the potato
> > > package list on almost each one...
> >
> > You're right. Why not count the base-system fetches?

(Assuming base-system == some part of boot-floppies)

> Because many of us just upgraded from slink. Which brings up a point:
> there is probably a big difference in the number of people who have
> tested the potato distribution and the number who have tested the base
> install kit.

You can add the average #downloads of section:base pkgs, but that would also
add upgrades from a previous boot-floppies version. (Or find some pkg(s) that
didn't change since the first available potato boot floppies.)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer