Re: Heimdal and krb4 compatability

    Thomas> Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:
    >> I tried uploading my non-us package, Heimdal, using my new key,
    >> but so far, I have not got any response...

    Thomas> On a different topic entirely, I submitted a wishlist item
    Thomas> against heimdal of some importance, and easy to fix, 55
    Thomas> days ago, but I did not hear back any response.

I am sorry, I think you may have submitted your bug report have been
when my computer crashed, and I couldn't fix it because I was
overseas... I only just noticed that I have a number of bug reports
that need to be dealt with.

However, adding krb4 compatibility, I think would be a real pain.  For
starters, I never use krb4 myself, I consider it to be outdated. I
don't particularly want to have to install out-of-date stuff on my
computers.

Then you would need to be able to deal with the file
conflicts. Currently, a large number of files from the Heimdal package
conflict with the krb4 package. I am not sure how the two packages are
meant to integrate together, nor do I have time to investigate.

Then again, I can't fix any bugs while my uploads aren't getting
installed.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>