Re: message of wwwcountconfig

From: Mark Brown <broonie@tardis.ed.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: message of wwwcountconfig
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 09:28:30 +0100

> On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 05:19:22PM +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
>
> > I thought that "you don't care to show something" meant roughly
> > "you agree to show something" so the above sentence seems
> > rather meaningless to me; that is, the assumptions "If you are
> > concerned with privacy" and "or simply don't care to show error
> > messages to browsers" are contradicting, as I understand.
>
> No - "I don't care to <whatever>" means that the speaker doesn't want to
> do whatever.

I see, I have completely misunderstood the meaning of
"I don't care to <whatever>".  I consulted English-Japanese
dictionary and understood why I misunderstood.

When one say "I don't care what happens", the phrase
"I don't care" nearly equals "I don't mind" perhaps.

So I thought "I don't care to do something" also means
"I don't mind if I do something" or "It's okay to do something"
which is completely wrong.  It seems "I don't care to do something"
means almost "I don't want to do something".

Thanks for your kind help.

Best Regards,			2000.8.4

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>