Re: DEBIAN IS LOOSING PACKAGES AND NOBODY CARES!!!

Hi GBechly!

SCHREI NICHT SO!

On Sun, 31 Dec 2000, GBechly@gmx.de wrote:

> I am very sorry for the loud subject of my mail (I know it is bad
> netiquette), but since I got no satisfying answer on my first mail
> concerning "disappeared packages" and because the issue is important
> I decided to try it again with shouting ;-).

*plonk*

http://bugs.debian.org/75772

| #67768: w3mir: Can delete all files!
| Package: w3mir; Severity: critical; Reported by: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>; 157 days old.
given that bug I'ld guess w3mir was removed too. Just a guess tho.

>                                     Fancylogin is reported to be in
> unstable and there also is a package page, but the package is not
> found from the download page and is also not present in any of
> the mirrors.

marvin:~# apt-get install fancylogin
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package fancylogin has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
However the following packages replace it:
  francine
E: Package fancylogin has no installation candidate

http://bugs.debian.org/80640

>                                         Hey, these are important packages.

mgetty is not important, it's extra.

					yours,
					peter

--
Multiple exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.
                        -- Terry Pratchett