Re: What do you wish for in an package manager?

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 11:23:24PM +0000, Mark Seaborn wrote:
> As I suggested before, it would be easy if different processes could
> have different views on the filesystem.  This is feasible on the
> Hurd.  Linux is not as flexible, unfortunately.

There are a few ways to do it, but I guess it is quite unrelated to the
development of Debian. It's more a topic of linux-kernel or glibc, right?

You can also look at fakeroot or the mount --bind option or simply chroot.

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --