Re: What do you wish for in an package manager?

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 01:03:03AM +0000, Mark Seaborn wrote:
> Of course.  I know this.  It is repeated many times on this mailing
> list.  But it does not have to be so.  Why should upgrading package X
> affect unrelated package Y?  If one user wants to use packages from

Package X and package Y are not truely unrelated if they share any
dynamic libraries, though, eg libc.

So do you have any suggestion as to how this could actually be
implemented? Even if it's actually desirable (which I dispute),
implementation seems far from trivial.

Hamish