Re: Grub question/problem

> I copied the latest grub files to /boot/grub reinstalled and rebooted. but
> grub won't boot my machine. All I get is the message "Loading stage1.5" and
> then the machine stands still. No error message whatsoever. Using lilo or a
> boot floppy as works well.

Hm, have you tried running grub-install --recheck and then
reinstalling grub? Alternatively, you could just edit
/boot/grub/device.map. I don't know if this helps, but it has worked
for me.

> Any help sppreciated.

HTH.

--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf@acm.org>, <d96001@htlwrn.ac.at>, antifuchs
Hail RMS! Hail Cthulhu! Hail Eris! All hail Discordia!