Re: Location of -doc documentation?

On Mon, Dec 25, 2000 at 11:35:06PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:

> > I beleive the original point was that debconf-doc places its
> > documentation in /usr/share/doc/debconf-doc, while apache-doc places
> > its documentation in /usr/share/doc/apache, rather than
> > /usr/share/doc/apache-doc.  (Principle of least surprise, I suppose).
>
> Oh, then he was missing a "/doc'.
>
> I suppose debconf-doc could do that. Except it includes an expanded
> changelog.Debian.gz file (35k).

I'm not willing to argue that one way is better than the other :) on
the one hand, I'd expect the docs to be in a directory named after the
package containing the docs.  On the other hand apache and IIRC bind
put docs in the "package" directory rather than "package-doc", so I've
grown accustomed to this as well.

Consistency would be nice, but I don't think this is a huge issue,
especially given other issues facing the project at this time.

Regards,

Micromuse Inc.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.