Re: Close list

On 12/22/2000 19:44, Miles Bader at miles@gnu.org wrote:

> No, lets not.
>
> Right now I'm subscribed to debian-devel, but often in the past I've
> read it occasionally in the archives, and sent mail as I thought
> appropriate.  I know there are other people who do this.
>
> The fact is that the spam level on debian-devel right now is in the
> noise (it's certainly exceeded by the volume of pointless and/or
> downright stupid posts).

Yo ppl, it's not hard to archive a closed list, most list software supports
archive directly. Sheesh! You make it sound like it's the end of the world
for crying out loud. Give me a break!

No one should be allowed to post to ANY mail list that is NOT subscribed to
that list! all we need is for more idiot spammers to harvest the address and
spam ad infinitum. Then maybe you'll change your minds.

*sigh*

Back to regularly scheduled Debian/woody discussion.

--
Carl B. Constantine             (carl@os-s.com)    Phone: 250.953.2650
Open Source Solutions Inc.                           Fax: 250.953.2659

     "I feel like a genocidal maniac when emacs asks me if I want
                       to kill 10789 characters."