Re: linking with static library when using libtool, also c-client weirdness

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 01:13:22PM +1100 , Brian May wrote:

>     Gordon> Sounds like you mean to link statically with c-client.a?
>
> No - I read it as "I want to link this library any way that works, and

no. Gordon is right. I should probably do something with my english

> only static linking works. Why doesn't linking with the shared library
> work?".

OK. So the long story. Linking works with both shared and static c-client
library, but when linking dynamically with c-client, it segfaults. It is some
glibc/c-client/php4-imap/php4 obscure bug. #77978 IIRC

> To Petr: please clarify you statement, with the command line (+output)
> of what doesn't work and the command line (+output) of what does work.

1) there is .so symlink -> libtool links with c-client dynamically and apache
crashes
2) no .so symlink -> libtool links with c-client statically and it's OK

and I want to do
3) have .so symlink and link statically with c-client.a
Simply s#-lc-client#/usr/lib/c-client.a is not working

> --
> Brian May <bam@debian.org>

				Petr Cech
--