Re: lintian warning: shlib-with-non-pic-code

    Bernd> On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 03:31:49PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
    >> Oh... Perhaps you are confused about what a convenience library
    >> is.  A convenience library not meant to be installed, but just
    >> for the convenience of the people creating the source package.

    Bernd> Ok, i was confused. Then, why dont you just delte the file
    Bernd> in the rules file?

Sorry, I think you still might be confused.

Either that, or now I am confused ;-)

The convenience library never gets installed (I assume you mean delete
that file). The problem is when the convenience library is linked into
libkrb5, resulting in a libkrb5.so.* that contains non-PIC code.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>