Re: testing to be implemented on ftp-master

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 01:23:03PM +0000, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Dec 2000 00:38:23 +0900, Junichi Uekawa
> <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> wrote:
> >In Mon, 18 Dec 2000 09:29:48 +0100 (CET) Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> cum veritate scripsit :
> >> The version in testing might be older than the version in stable (if you
> >> e.g. upload a new package for 2.2r3 and the package from unstable never
> >> makes it into testing).
> >
> >This problem can be avoided by adding an apt-line at both stable and
> >testing.
>
> Are potato packages guaranteed to work in any possible - possible
> future - woody environment, regarding perl, libc, db2 and other libs
> or file system layout issues?

While I suspect this is the intent, I actually have some evidence to
the contrary at the moment.

The Evolution packages I've built work fine on Potato (where they were
built), but the contact management component segfaults on Woody. If I
rebuild the package on Woody, things work fine.

I haven't had a chance to look into it any closer than that so far.

Peter