Re: Package organization on CDs [was Re: Packages files references packages in pool instead of binary-... location]

"J.A. Bezemer" <costar@panic.et.tudelft.nl> writes:

> Personally, I'd like the "first variant" of the name-based hashing, simply
> because more than once my first guess of the section name turns out to be
> wrong.

I'm not sure I agree. Often I'm just looking for a webbrowser and then
can reduce the interesting packages by entering the right section. But
I would agree that in the long term it would be better that ftp and cd
has almost the same structure.