Re: testing to be implemented on ftp-master

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> The more I hear about this feature, the more I love and hate it.  It'll
> get package building in shape real, real quick - but it's impractical,
> I think.  Consider the state ARM's in right now - the usable state that
> PowerPC was in perhaps two years ago, with random gcc ICE's all over
> the field.  My most recent experience is that PHP4 (I think) simply doesn't
> build on ARM.

Well, presumably the answer is pretty simple - PPC/ARM are not release
candidates under those circumstances.

I guess we will see how well this works in practice.. The testing criteria
is not terribly expensive to change at least - so if it takes a few rounds
to refine it then so be it..

Jason