Re: testing to be implemented on ftp-master

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 03:27:29PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Anthony Towns wrote:
> > New packages will be uploaded to unstable, added to the pool and initially
> > only referenced by sid. After 14 days, and assuming no problems are
> > found, and it's successfully recompiled on all appropriate architectures,
> > and so forth, a new package becomes a candidate for testing, and will
> > get added into it as soon as anything it depends on is also added (with
> > appropriate handling for mutually dependant packages).
>
> How will that move be announced? I would like to see an automated mail
> to debian-devel-changes and an note sent to the uploader (Changed-By
> entry in new .changes format).

Speaking of Changed-By...

I would like to see a third field specified in .changes files -
Uploaded-By:.  Then we can remove the annoying hack of architecture
rebuilds setting the Maintainer field, and have this:

Maintainer - actual package maintainer
Changed-By - person who did the last source upload
Uploaded-By - person who signed this binary upload

Does that sound reasonable?

Dan