Re: wnpp: ITP: msttcorefonts -- installer package for MS TrueType core fonts for Web

> Hmm, I remember either just using the zipsfx or copying them from a
> windoze partition since I do have the license like it or not.

Well, copying from a windoze partition certainly works, but the point is
to make them easily installable from a Debian system (including non-i386
systems).

> Of course, since they cannot be distributed,

Actually, the license is rather liberal for MS.  Redistribution is permitted,
but only in verbatim form.  Converting the font from .exe to .tar.gz would
be considered a modification, according to the license, and redistribution
in modified form is not permitted.

> I can't just send you a tarball to use.

Again, I'm not really looking to just get the fonts installed for my own
use.  I've got a several legal W95 licenses, too (they came with my laptops),
so I can get the fonts that way.  I want to be able to have all interested
Debian users install these fonts with a simple "apt-get install".  My
"msttcorefonts" package (currently in Incoming) allows that for 8/11 fonts.

Eric