[Fwd: Re: How to administer a totally small time debian package archive?]

Thanks... for the next poor sucker who tries. There seems to be no convenience script to maintain the structure so here is a dump of what mine looks like:

:~/public_html$ find packages/ | grep -v CVS

packages/
packages/setup.sh
packages/dists
packages/dists/stable
packages/dists/stable/main
packages/dists/stable/main/binary-i386
packages/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/overrides
packages/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/lib

:~/public_html$ cat packages/setup.sh

#!/bin/sh

DIRS=dists/stable/littledevil/binary-i386

for DIR in $DIRS; do
      dpkg-scanpackages $DIR $DIR/overrides > $DIR/Packages
      gzip -c $DIR/Packages > $DIR/Packages.gz
done

:~/public_html$ cat packages/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/overrides

python-xmlrpclib optional lib
jpy optional lib

Hope this helps (and isn't buggy).  Beware it is a little tested hack.

Oliver.