Re: Maintenance Team for GNOME et al.

On 12/16/1999 22:56, Adam Hunt at adam.r.hunt@gmx.net wrote:

> Lately there have been some complaints about the quality of the Helix GNOME
> deb packages.  It seems that they are lacking in quality as far as
> dependencies are concerned.  When asked why people don't just use the native
> Debian packages I am told that they are generally somewhat old.  I can
> understand this.  GNOME is a pretty big undertaking to package and keep
> updated I'm sure.  I was wondering if it might make sense to form a GNOME
> maintenance group.  A group that could cooperatively attempt to keep the
> packages up to date.

> Well, its just an idea.

I might like to get involved in such an undertaking as I'm an avid Gnome
fan. KDE also has problems with package dependencies and trying to overwrite
files that are part of another KDE package. Saw some similar stuff in Gnome,
particularly when it comes to GMC. YMMV.

--
Carl B. Constantine             (carl@os-s.com)    Phone: 250.953.2650
Open Source Solutions Inc.                           Fax: 250.953.2659

     "I feel like a genocidal maniac when emacs asks me if I want
                       to kill 10789 characters."