Maintenance Team for GNOME et al.

Lately there have been some complaints about the quality of the Helix GNOME
deb packages.  It seems that they are lacking in quality as far as
dependencies are concerned.  When asked why people don't just use the native
Debian packages I am told that they are generally somewhat old.  I can
understand this.  GNOME is a pretty big undertaking to package and keep
updated I'm sure.  I was wondering if it might make sense to form a GNOME
maintenance group.  A group that could cooperatively attempt to keep the
packages up to date.

If I remember correctly Debian wants to have a single point of
responsibility for packages.  This makes sense.  The thing is, I know of
about 69 packages that are currently maintained by the Debian QA Group.  So
if such a group were to exist it would obviously need some structure.  It
would need a team leader among other things.

Well, its just an idea.

Adam Hunt