Re: Generic Data Structure Library in C

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Kenneth Chin wrote:

> I've also written programs in C++ and Java, and both (STL in C++ and
> java.util.* in Java) have provided some fundamental and generic data
> structures for programmers like vectors and maps. Since a lot of
> programmers still develop software in C, I was thinking whether it is
> feasible and helpful to develop a STL-like library in C.

Well, there is glib.  I've never used it, though.

Why not just use the STL?  You'll need a C++ compiler, of course, but
nothing about STL requires an object-based model on the developer's
end.

                                        -Dave

--

"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
 and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson