Re: Stable woody

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 06:29:06AM -0900, ftrk wrote:
> Hi All:
> Just couple of  quick questions. I apologise if this ain't the right forum
Yes this is not the best forum. So lets switch to debian-users instead.

> for this question. When is the release of stable WOODY expected?? I want to
You should not expect anything right now. Woody first have to be frozen
and then stable. If you want to run a stable release, use potato instead
with works just fine.

> switch to Debian after using redhat & mandrake and not satisfied with many
> of their
Feel free to switch :)

> so called features! Also please let me know if the latest release
> r2.2(December 5) comes with XFree86 4.0.1f? Is there anyplace where I can
No. Only fixed packages are released and no new ones to stable until
the next major release that will be woody. But X4 is in woody right now
(I use it) so if you want to use that (not quite as stable as X3) that
is possible.

> look for package info for latest Debian release??

Here on the mailinglist is a good place to start. All packages that
are inteded to be packaged will (probably) be noted here.

The ftp-archive are also a good place to look, but not that easy to
search for though.

// Ola

/  opal@debian.org                     Björnkärrsgatan 5 A.11   \
|  opal@lysator.liu.se                 584 36 LINKÖPING         |
|  +46 (0)13-17 69 83                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |