Control for random RC bugs

severity 78540 normal
# abcde should depend on id3 or id3v2

severity 74265 normal
# archie: archie servers seem to have only historic data at the moment
#    - nobody's updating 'em

severity 71871 fixed
# balsa segfaults if attached file does not exist when mail is sent
# Someone said it's fixed already.

severity 74090 fixed
# bitchx-gtk is uninstallable due to dependency on xlibs 4.0.1

severity 79198 fixed
# nautilus: nautilus fails to initialize
# Someone reports latest liborbit fixes.

severity 69092 fixed
# freeciv-gtk depends on non-Debian packages

severity 78239 normal
# lynx: lynx does not conflict with lynx-ssl

severity 79638 normal
retitle 79638 realplayer: missing "cancel download option"
# Upgrade to 2.2r2
# (doesn't have a cancel download option)

thanks

If anyone thinks one of these bugs should be RC, please change the severity
again.

We have many, many RC bugs open (over 700 right now). If we want to have a
relatively short freeze (shorter than potato's at least) we should start
looking at them NOW.
Many are trivial: recompiles or fixing dependencies, some have patches and
others should be fixed already.

Is it reasonable to set up an IRC Bug Squashing Party next weekend (22-24
Dec)?

Thank you,
Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach Pérez || jordi@pusa.informat.uv.es || Rediscovering Freedom,
   aka Oskuro in    || jordi@sindominio.net      || Using Debian GNU/Linux

http://sindominio.net  GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/917A225E
telnet pusa.uv.es 23   73ED 4244 FD43 5886 20AC  2644 2584 94BA 917A 225E