Re: I'm not quitting that easy. (Was: Re: I would like to vote also.)

    Rando> On 10 Dec 2000, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
    >> karlheg@bittersweet.member.dsl-only.net (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:
    >>
    >> >  But that key can tie me to that photo I uploaded.  Unless I'm proxy
    >> >  for several people and let one of them sign my ID and upload it for
    >> >  me, my having the private half of that key ties me in some way (How
    >> >  securely?) to that signed scan.  Someday when/if we meet, you can
    >> >  verify that I'm probably the man in the photo, and that I indeed have
    >> >  the private half of that key.  (barring catastrophy)
    >>
    >> Um, no it doesn't.
    >>
    >> Whoever signed the photo has the private half of that key.  But how do
    >> we know that Karl signed the photo?

    Rando> Okay, so wait, karl. If you're going to go through all of that trouble,
    Rando> why not just take the key and ID with you when you meet the people in
    Rando> person? That way they CAN verify you, and your physical body weight will
    Rando> only go up a few ounces. I don't see how it's that difficult.

 It's gone up by 15 lbs. over the last 3 months; I've joined a gym,
 and have been lifting weights and running.  :-)

 Yes, I will try very hard to have that key with me then.

--
mailto: Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@debian.org>
http://people.debian.org/~karlheg/