Re: I'm not quitting that easy. (Was: Re: I would like to vote also.)

On 10 Dec 2000, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

> karlheg@bittersweet.member.dsl-only.net (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:
>
> >  But that key can tie me to that photo I uploaded.  Unless I'm proxy
> >  for several people and let one of them sign my ID and upload it for
> >  me, my having the private half of that key ties me in some way (How
> >  securely?) to that signed scan.  Someday when/if we meet, you can
> >  verify that I'm probably the man in the photo, and that I indeed have
> >  the private half of that key.  (barring catastrophy)
>
> Um, no it doesn't.
>
> Whoever signed the photo has the private half of that key.  But how do
> we know that Karl signed the photo?

Okay, so wait, karl. If you're going to go through all of that trouble,
why not just take the key and ID with you when you meet the people in
person? That way they CAN verify you, and your physical body weight will
only go up a few ounces. I don't see how it's that difficult.

<And the book says we may be through with the past, but the past is not through>
 < with us... and-- No, it is *NOT* dangerous to confuse children with angels >
  <                   <    --< Rando Christensen >--    >                    >
   <                   <eyez@fragments.net>    personal>                    >
    <                   <lists <illuzion@fragments.net>                    >