Re: Incoming* files left with gnus 5.8.7 with 2.4 test11 kernel

Ganesan Rajagopal <rganesan@myrealbox.com> writes:

> I have been reading mailing lists using gnus 5.8.7 on Potato
> (recompiled from a Woody version). After installing 2.4 test11
> kernel I've been noticing files with the names like Incoming* left
> in the directory for gnus nnfolder method. I can remove these files
> with no ill effect. This did not happen with the 2.2 kernels. Is
> this a known bug or should I file a bug report?

I don't see how it could possibly be related to your kernel version.

You need to add

(setq mail-source-delete-incoming t)

to your ~/.gnus file.  This is supposed to be the default, but some
released versions of Gnus (apparently including the Debian package)
have it reversed.